At Kranz Construction, we take pride in communicating with our clients, working quickly and efficiently, and bringing your home from just an idea on paper to a reality. Call us today and see what we can do for you.
Frequency Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) What is the cost of a Custom Home in East Texas?
What you pay for a home developed by Kranz Construction depends entirely on the size of your home and your location. A smaller, more entry-level custom home ranges from $145 to $165 per heated and cooled foot. A larger home build can actually be more cost effective at times depending on how bonus space is designed.
2) What is the difference between a custom home and a spec home?
When you choose a custom home, you can choose or create your own floor plan and specify materials for your roof, windows, doors, tile, counter tops, and paint. A spec home is a home built by the builder with pre-determined selections that you do not get to personalize during the construction process.
3) How long does it take to build a custom home (from first contact to move in)?
In most cases, a custom home built by Kranz Construction team should take 6 to 9 months for design, planning, and building stages.
4) What if we do not have a lot just yet, but would like to meet with the custom home builder to determine our budget first?
Kranz Construction is always available for appointments to go over any potential build you may have in mind! We’ll provide you with the information you need to make the most financially sound and informed decisions for your custom home.
5) Do we choose from a list of floor plans or do we have to purchase those separately from another entity?
we can develop your floor plans for you or you can provide your own.
6) When should we get the financing for our new custom home figured out?
To build a new custom home, you will need to acquire pre-approval for the final cost after plans have been defined.
7) Where does Kranz Construction build new homes?
Our primary locations for custom homes in East Texas are in Longview, Hallsville, Marshall, and surrounding areas.
8) Why should I build a new home with Kranz Construction?
Kranz Construction offers great home design, personalization, and construction services for a fair price. We have developed a reputation over the years for maximizing space cost effectively. Find out How!
9) Do I need a real estate agent to buy from Kranz Construction?
You do not need a real estate agent beyond finding your land and purchasing your lot or location.
10) What if I want to see some custom homes that are currently under construction?
Feel free to look on our website for a few past homes that we have constructed. Call or email us today and we can schedule a walk-through so you can see our high quality work for yourself.
Example cost breakdown
When we Price a custom home we don't usually use cost per square foot as our only pricing method since houses tasks don't naturally fit into the neat cost per square foot metric. Many items are actually paid for as a single line item and turning that into a cost per square foot quite often doesn't make sense. If the house adds an aerobic septic system for $5000 it is sized based on number of bathrooms regardless of size so turning it into a cost per square foot may seem silly, however; for ease of comparison and budgeting purposes the cost of each task can be divided by the total living space so that a budgetary cost estimate can be created. A piece of an itemized house list is shown here to show an example of some of the more expensive parts of one particular house. Every house would be unique so this list would be expected to change for your particular home.